Saturday, December 13, 2014

Dying Fake Leather

Hello Night Crawlers,

First post of an item that I have created.  I attempted on dying fake leather and it worked!  There is probably a much quicker way to dye pleather...but I will show you guys anyway.

The items I used:
- Acrylic paint
- Water
- Fake Leather in white
- A wash towel
- A brush (optional)

All I did was add water to the Acrylic paint to where it was thick but also watery...you don't want it to be too thin or else it will be a much longer process because of all the layers you will have to apply ( depends on how dark you would want it)



Then I took my wash towel dipped it in the mixture and rubbed it on the piece of pleather.  After covering the whole piece, I took a dry part of my towel and wiped away the excess.

And that is basically the whole process.
I used a brush and it made the application a bit quicker.  However instead of wiping the excess right away I let the layer dry on the piece for a bit and then wiped the excess off.


This way is long because of the many layers, but it works and it doesn't rub off with water.


And here are the finished products.  They come out sheer and slightly blotchy, but just be careful and add many layers.

No comments: